Q: Can I come and work with just a tourist Visa?

No - we are truly sorry but we cannot accept candidates who do not hold a valid working visa.


Q: What Visa options are there?

We advise candidates to apply for a Japanese Work Holiday Visa, which is the most widely used Visa among seasonal staff in Niseko. If you are going to apply for the Work Holiday Visa, we strongly recommend you to apply as soon as possible. The Visa is actually activated when you enter Japan, so you can apply for it in June and stay in Japan from November 2020 onwards. (Length of stay actually depends on your citizenship). Having already secured a Work Holiday Visa will as well facilitate your job search.


Q: Do you accept couples working together?

Yes - we try to be flexible, however please understand that unfortunately we don't have the means to fulfill every related request. For example, we will try our best to roster you on the same days as your significant other (although we cannot guarantee that it will always be the case), we cannot guarantee that you will be starting and ending at the same time.


Q: Are you able to help with accommodation in Niseko?

Yes - we have a number of spaces available in our staff accommodations. They are centrally located in Hirafu Village or close by, and feature shared bedrooms with a large kitchen, dining and living space. Unfortunately we don't have enough staff accommodation to guarantee a private room for everyone. If you want to be 100% certain you have a private room, please look at other solutions as soon as possible for renting your own place in the village or in nearby towns. In any case, please contact us and we will do our best to help out! Please note the likely hood of finding suitable accommodation in the lead up to the season is very low.


Q: When do you advise me to apply for season 2020-2021?

Due to the pandemic situation, recruiting for the coming season is a challenge unlike previous years. Anything can happen between now and November. While we expect to hire staff, the number of staff this season is a big unknown at this point. With that in mind don't hesitate to send us your resume! First come first serve!

Q: Do I need to speak Japanese to work with you guys?

Hirafu Village in Niseko is one of the very few places in Japan where you can survive by only speaking English. Drive 20 minutes in any direction and it is another story, but, given that 98% of our guests come from outside Japan, we do not require Japanese proficiency to work with us. However, given that we are still in Japan, Japanese proficiency is still very useful to book a restaurant, a taxi, and to interact with the local authorities and administration, therefore if you do speak Japanese it will help you get the job!

Q: What kind of perks will I receive if I work for Vacation Niseko?

 Some of the perks for previous seasons from 2010 - 2020 included:

  • Free Personal Grand Hirafu/ Hanazono Combined Season lift pass

  • Discount on upgrade to a Niseko United All-Mountain Pass (Approx 60,000JPY)

  • Discounts on a variety of winter of activities at Niseko Hanazono Resort 

  • Access to guest services at discounted prices through the company (e.g. car rentals)

  • Access to free ski / snowboard rental demo rentals during non peak periods

  • Start of season staff party

  • Bi-Weekly shopping trips to Kutchan

  • Free transfer from the New Chitose Airport to Niseko on select dates


About the region:


About the Working Holiday Visa:


About life in Kutchan:

  • Kutchannel: Website of classifieds. Useful to find second-hand gear and accommodation if needed


Everything else:

Want to apply? Contact us

If you have a CV/ resume handy, fill out the form on the "Apply" page.





Should you have any questions, please don't hesitate to contact us at:


© 2020 by Vacation Niseko

  • Black Twitter Icon
  • Black Facebook Icon
  • skype-outline_318-10566